Sunday, April 01, 2007

Another Saturday Night (Or, Not Another Saturday Night)


I'll keep this one short...ish...

I went out last night with my friend Rob - we had an amazing dinner at Ssäm Bar. I didn't intend to, but I continued my Saturday of semi-barbarism by eating an intense variety of meat products - including a terrine made of veal head. Cruel and Unusual? Yes. Delicious? Abso-fucking-lutely.

After dinner, we headed to a (former) favorite watering hole. Neither of us had been there in a while, and we were sort of excited to drink a few beers at an old haunt. Sadly, it was beyond boring. Nothing had changed - same music, same bartenders, same clientele. Not to get all old-and-aged-and-perspectivey about it, but it was the two of us that were different.

After our first beer, Rob turned to me and said, "Let's go outside and smoke a cigarette - maybe it will be more fun after that."

"Why?" I asked. "Does that cigarette come with a lobotomy?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, but did you pick up anyone at the bar?

TM said...

Nope - that wasn't the point of my evening. Would have been a few years ago though.