Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fonda Fonda (Or, Top Billing Baby)

So, yeah.

I went away for the long holiday weekend and haven't posted anything or haven't posted a "I'm not posting anything" entry or an "I'm writing this to say I'm not posting anything even though I'm still posting something sort-of" entry. I'll admit though - this is going to turn into an extended remix of that sort of lame-ass no-content entry anyway.

I can feel it happening already.

I'll say this quickly before work obligations call me to the recesses of my hard drive:

I saw Georgia Rule over the weekend.

I haven't been to the movies in quite some time - too long, in fact. But I have a deep committment to Jane Fonda and couldn't resist the pull of seeing her on the big screen. I can't say much about the movie - it was a total junkshow. It is sort-of notable in that it's a mainstream Hollywood "chick-lit"-ish film that hinges its plot on the battle between a rich child molester and an alleged pathological liar.

Thankfully, Jane is neither of the two characters. She plays the grandmother of the liar.

Jesus, writing this out makes me realize the story sucks so much harder than I let on.

Anyway, Jane's first line in the movie is a shit joke and - the best part of the film - she tells Lindsay Lohan to go fuck herself.

Despite being nearly 70 years old, Jane Fonda's still banging the zeitgeist like a badass motherfucker.

1 comment:

shakti de la sharde said...

now that they have announced the plans to remake barbarella, wonder if jane would endorse ms lohan for the part.