Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Strange Magic (Or, You Know What You Know Where)

I find it both hard and exhilarating to write this....

Xanadu on Broadway is a fucking brilliant, hilarious good time.

I saw the show on Sunday with my friend Patty...and I was doubled over in laughter the entire 90 minutes. I also proceeded to sing its praises for two solid days after and as friends and loved ones questioned my sanity (well, that happens more often than not I think), I was vindicated by this:

Heaven on Wheels, and in Leg Warmers

The praises I sang were in fact so similar to the Times review above, I was asked twice:

"Um, did you write that review?"

Since my semi-pseudo sanity is somehow slightly intact, I'll let the above review do the talking for me.

And I'll just say this...anything that lets the always brilliant Jackie Hoffman shine is always good in my book. Seeing her perform E.L.O.'s "Evil Woman" is worth the price of admission alone...that and her oddly spot-on impersonation of Ursula Andress in Clash of the Titans.

It has to be seen to be believed...

No comments: