Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ahead in Product Development (Or, That's Miss Kaydeross To You)

Clearly I made some grave mistake early in my career path. While I've been making things look pretty for a living, I could have been manning the copy desk at the corporate offices of Stewart's Shops. Their lines of soda and ice cream are truly blessed with the best names out there. (Hey, when you knock off 7-up, don't make up a new name, just name the bitch Citrus Pop and call it a day). Fuck Ben & Jerry's and their Phish Food...I'd take Death by Chocolate or the equally mysterious Kaydeross Kreme (see below) anytime.

Also, I'm not sure if Vichy tastes like the water from the Vichy Thermal Baths...but I'd drop $.99 on it anytime...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trevor, I'll take your comments as a compliment, and give you a challenge back. We're about to roll out a new ice cream flavor (only for cones and sundaes, not in a package) and we need a name. It's mocha flavored ice cream with coffee truffles and espresso flakes. We've had suggestions like "Mocha Burst" and "Joe Mocha". Send me your suggestion to garyd@stewartsshops.com. Thanks, Gary Dake, President, Stewarts Shops.

T$ said...

hi Gary,

My comments are indeed a compliment - I think your product names are fantastic.

You'll have my official submissions for your mocha flavor shortly...

thanks for reading - and thanks for your products. "Stargazer" rocks my world.

-T

Big Daddy said...

Mochiavelli?

[Kinda like Machiavelli, but for mocha].

T$ said...

well, my list has been submitted to the bigwigs at Stewart's...

I'll let you know how it goes...

joe*to*hell said...

come on baby
do the mocha-motion

get it - motion! to go!

i am genius

Matt said...

Those food items look like they're bursting with complicated deliciousness.

Anonymous said...

The envelope please...
We chose Mocha Me Crazy as the new flavor name. Congratulations and thank you. For your interest, you should know that I expect to get at least one letter complaining about my insensitivity to the mentally ill because of the name. Yes, it really does happen - some people have no sense of humor. Please send me your mailing address and I'll get you some ice cream gift certificates.
Gary Dake