Sunday, September 02, 2007

Flippity Floppity Fool (Or, Pardon Me?)

Like all men in my neighborhood, I have been subject to a variety of cat calls and luridly unappealing come-ons.

Today, however, I was subject to a form of sexual harassment I've never experienced before.

As I was innocently strolling up Eighth Avenue to the bank, I passed an older leather-ish looking man. I felt a leer coming on, so I kept my eyes forward. Just as I walked by him, he growled and said:

"Mmmmmm....nice feet."

Now, I supposed I "asked for it" since I was wearing flip flops...but still.

As I walked to the bank I tried not to get drunk on the thought that my feet - which I never consider - were somehow considerable enough for someone to growl at.

9 comments:

jose jose said...

sounds like your leatherman was all toe up

Alexander said...

The worst I ever got was walking past a group of guys standing outside the local NA meeting place in SF when one of them started following me and growled, "I wanna fuck that ass!"

I turned around and said, "Excuse me?" and then turned and went on my way. It was about that time I knew it was time to leave the City.

Shirley Heezgay said...

I love that piece....
how many banks to rob before I can afford it!?

T$ said...

you mean afford the toe-lover?

Junk Thief said...

San Francisco is very similar. My neighborhood is rife with toe callers.

T$ said...

There's definitely a toe/foot "scene" in new york...there's a traveling party called "Foot Friends" for those so inclined to meeting others for a little toe-jam.

Shirley Heezgay said...

not the toe lover.... I meant the line drawing.

i ain't sick!

T$ said...

name your price - it's yours!

Shirley Heezgay said...

Ooooh, I'm so bad at that...I'd hate to suggest a price! Too low=I insult you, too high=i'm a sucka!!

maybe email me at shirleyheezgay@hotmail.com and we can discuss...

Thanks, babe!