Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Taste Sensation Sweeping the Nation (Or, Assumption)



As I mentioned here before (see also: A Coq Tale), I used to work at a university that had a super luxe cafeteria. I had a great and silly set of work friends when I worked for the school, and we'd often tear it up (and tear each other up) at lunch.

Around Halloween one year, a student in the cafeteria dumped a huge salad in her lap while whelping out a slow motion "FUUUCCCCCCCCCK" that seemingly went on for minutes. Instead of being staid, compassionate, and, um, mature, it was all my friends and I could do to hold back a wave of giggles. As we tried in vain to contain our laughter, someone in my group muttered under his breath:

"Guess she just figured out her Halloween costume. Bitch is going to be a salad."

One member of the lunch posse was prone to overusing the phrase "tastes like ass" as in:

"This sandwich tastes like ass."

Or...

"This sushi tastes like ass."

Or...

"I'm so hungover...everything tastes like ass."

One day, I decided to have a little fun at my friend's expense. As she tore into her lunch...she belted out the usual:

"God, this tastes like ass."

And I replied...

"So, do you mean it tastes like bad-dirty ass or good-dirty-sexy ass? Because if it's the latter, pass it over sister."

From then on, she thought twice about ranking on the taste of ass.

3 comments:

Christopher said...

So many dirty thoughts of Trevor flooding my mind!

m00nchild said...

Oh girl. You can keep the ass. Just pass me some untossed salad. OK?

thombeau said...

Your drawings are fantastic, by the way...