Saturday, October 13, 2007

What's In A Name (Or, Wot Is He Like, Anyway?)



I was crusing new blogs a couple of weeks ago, and came across a very thoughtful entry asking about blog names and how writers/bloggers came up with them. People (ok, two) have asked me what "Buffalo Void" means, and I realized - although the combination of the two words made perfect sense to me - I sort of needed a slide presentation to explain it.

Since I'm clearly I'm at a loss for words this week...

See the animation above.

And see if you can name the four inspirations for the title Buffalo Void.



8 comments:

jason said...

any reference to Neneh Cherry...however tangential...seems like a good place to start.

Tarek said...

I don't get it at ALL T$!

Seriously. But clearly, I'm retarded.

Anonymous said...

so neneh cherry + the cover artwork of dw's "close to the knives" + romeo void + ?? (i lose out here). i had expected a malcolm "buffalo girls go round the outside, round the outside" mclaren reference. what's the final ref?

baby, you are so adored.

charlie

T$ said...

charlie -

you're right on with #s 1-3...the last is a rubber stamp Warhol made for an artist's book based on his cow wallpaper. Not exactly a buffalo, but I liked the animal reference.

as for the mclaren ref, the song's been a post-name inspiration, but it wasn't on my mind when I named this jimmy jam.

JOE * to * HELL said...

i am too spazzed out by the freaky video. i just thought 1) you were from buffalo, you miss it a lot, and now theres a void in your life, or 2) that you love buffalo wings, and too many hot ones tend to burn out your ass, and leave a void.

what the fuck do i know.

oh, i know charlie is sweet on you.....thats tender. charlie lovvvvvves his good 'n plenty!

T$ said...

JTH - "freaky video"?

oh hell no.

Tyra, heal thyself.

Robert said...

I only recognize Romeo Void. *sigh* I live under a rock, I know! :-)

kusala said...

A girl in trouble does the dive every time she dances.

So don't you get fresh with me.