Monday, November 05, 2007

The Time Is Now (Or, I Lied)


As Miss Roisin Murphy is poised to be this year's great big gay sensation (well, in Europe anyway), I find myself listening to an awful lot of Moloko right now. iTunes finally has their greatest hits collection available...as well as the above video for "The Time Is Now".

I'm afraid LeBoobTube doesn't do it much justice - this is an exquisitely photographed video.

Below is Moloko's first video - "Fun For Me" - which still makes me laugh if only for this line:

"I dreamt that the boogeyman went down on Mr. Spock"

That and the fact that Miss Murphy was rocking deeply ironic acrylic nails way way way before anyone else.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Christopher said...

"Sing it Back" always puts me in a good mood.

ps: the video link is no good.

Darth Gateau said...

"Sing it Back" is my fave Moloko vid. A sparkly dress and lovely lights is enough to put me on the road to happy!

T$ said...

c and DG - "sing it back" is def. a bangin' song and video...always takes me back to 1999 - and London, actually - whenever I hear it.