Monday, December 10, 2007

The Colorization of Meme (Or, Ten Little Tingy Tings)


I got tagged my ModFab to do a little Ten Tiny Tings Meme.

So...here goes...

1. When you were born, how much did you weigh?

I was huge - 10 pounds - 1 ounce. I was six weeks late - which I attribute to my not wanting to be a Scorpio. My mother reminds me of my natal tardiness and offensive birth weight every year at the exact time I was born...she's still bitter after all these years. If you saw her, you'd know why - she's 5'3" and about 100 pounds wet. I have no idea how she ever squeezed two 10 pound boys out of her teeny, tiny frame (my brother was a similarly late and large baby).

2. What's you're sugar poison?
I'm a sucker sucker sucker for a good donut.

3. If you had to choose between meat and cheese for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Then be specific.
This is a dirty, filthy question...but I will have to go with meat. Specifically, anything of the ground (burger, meatloaf, bratwurst) variety. Someone near and dear to me bought me a case of bratwurst for my birthday. Enough said.

4. What, is your opinion, is the worst song ever?
Definitely that "I'm Proud To Be An American" country song. It is the epitome of American close-mindedness.

5. Who was your favorite teacher growing up and why?
My seventh grade English teacher Mrs. Waltz and my tenth grade English teacher Mrs. Reith. Both instilled in me a love of language and critical thought...and, oh yeah, gay authors. I still can't believe I was turned on to Truman Capote as a twelve year old.

6. What personal activity, when performed in public, bothers you the most?
Any kind of finger or toe nail maintenance. I once had a co-worker that trimmed his nails at his desk and the clippings flew everywhere. To this day, my stomach churns at the memory.

7. Ok, there's a $50 bill lying on the ground. You pick it up. Dumbfounded by your incredible luck, what do you selfishly purchase?
I have always loved this quote by John Waters (I paraphrase): "To me, wealth is walking into a bookstore and buying anything I want without looking at the price." I'm a book junkie, so I'd blow it on any number of art books...of course, these days that would be more like a 50% deposit on one.

8. Do you have a recurring nightmare? If so, explain.
I have a recurring dream...it's not necessarily a nightmare though. It involves being in a house that continually shifts and changes. I know it means something other than "I need to redecorate", but I've never quite shaken it.

9. Name one place on Earth you've never been, but vow to visit at least once.
Mount Fuji in Japan.

10. You notice that question #9 wasn't really a question. You feel smart for catching such a small detail. What else can you do really well that reminds you how smart you are?
I like to think of myself as a hardcore grammarian, but I'm really just arrogant. I did used to make a co-worker cackle with this overly correct usage: when I answer the phone and someone asks: "Is Trevor there?" I usually say: "This is he."

Hey, I never said I wasn't a dork.

And here go the tag-you're-it-bitches:

Joe To Hell | Bonjour Pee Wee | Kusala | How Great Is Cake? | Muzbot

3 comments:

JOE * to * HELL said...

well, it truly is YOUR loss that you weren't a scorpio

to this day, i am sure you get combo xmas and bday gifts.

T$ said...

No I don't!

And don't you pull that shit on me either, Mr. Scorp.

Big Daddy said...

Done.