Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A New Holiday Memory (Or, Add Another To the List)

I've confessed to having a lot of nicknames...and, at a holiday party on Saturday night, I picked up another one.

After introducing myself to the only hetero male at the party, the following was exchanged:

"Nice to meet you, Chopper. My name's George."

"Chopper?" I asked.

"Isn't that what you just said your name was? Chopper?"

Everyone within earshot immediately broke into laughter and my friend Torrey wailed:

"Oh shiiiiiiit. Tiny T just got another nickname. Ready or not, here comes Chopper!"

And, for the rest of the night, I was indeed Chopper.

I'm not sure what it is about me that warrants such a continually erupting volcano of alternate names...but who am I to stop the flow?

4 comments:

The Scott Blog said...

that's kind of an awesome nick name. people call me scotty ho. it sorta kinda sucks a lot, but oh well.

kusala ~ joe said...

Yeah, I think that pose you're striking there fits in pretty well with a 'Chopper' persona:
http://www.moviecritic.com.au/images/chopper-eric-bana1.jpg

I say play up the hard-ass nickname for all it's worth...

SYNRGY said...

Ummm... Hot

Big Daddy said...

I dig it.