Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wie Jetzt Braun Kuhe? (Or, Krautastic Tuesday)

I was all talk last Friday when I declared that this Tuesday (uh...today) would herald the beginning of a new BV featurette called Krautastic Tuesday.

I have a set of funny German-tinged stories to whip out like a dish of kraut...yet, once again, the inspiration to write is a little on the skids.

In lieu of my own jokes, I will start the ball rolling with a quote from a Woody Allen movie (kudos to anyone who can name the source). The following was spoken by an intensely German domestic after serving a bowl of (presumably) SpƤtzle:

"It's Bavarian pasta - it doesn't need sauce! The Italians use sauce on their pasta because they are weak!"

Below is the video for "Hold On" by Apparat - hands down, my favorite song of last year...from my favorite album of the year. (If you haven't purchased/heard the amazing Walls - do it now.)

Enjoy.

4 comments:

Arthur said...

Everyone says I Love You. A Google search gives us: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116242/quotes

hello, my name is danny. said...

you always turn me on to great music, t$.

thanks, again!

T$ said...

bravo, arthur!

you're welcome danny!

Tarek said...

i LOVE krautastic tuesdays!i can't wait for next week.