Monday, March 10, 2008

Quirkadelic Quirkington (Or, Enough About Meme, Let's Talk About Me)

Once upon a time, I avoided memes.

I ran.

I hid.

I played dumb.

I acted like, all of a sudden, I had no idea how the internet worked...even though it's how I feed my family (read: me and my dog) and my fictional staff of four.

And here I am now...meme whore.

Anyway, Toni from the I-always-get-way-too-hot-and-bothered-when-I'm-there-blog Attempted Entertainment has tagged me for a "personal quirks" meme. In writing up my answers, I realize this has turned into a mini-roadmap of my various OCD traits:

Share six non important things/habits/quirks about yourself.

1. I have a tendency to eat meals standing at my kitchen counter.

2. I am compulsive about making the bed. I start making it the split second I get out of bed in the morning. I even do this when I'm an overnight guest..and in hotels. I can't help it. I blame this on having lived in a studio apartment for nearly a decade...but everything's better with a made bed.

3. I actually like doing the dishes.

4. Grammatical errors - especially in advertising - drive me nuts. When I read the amazing and hilarious Eats, Shoots and Leaves (hands down - the most entertaining book about grammar ever written...sorry E.B. White and William Strunk, Jr.), I found comfort in knowing there are far, far more obsessive grammarians than I.

5. I can be an entertainment savant at times...I can recite whole scenes from films and T.V. shows verbatim...whether anyone wants me to or not.

6. I am a compulsive book buyer.

There you have it - mini-map to functional-OCD me.

Since I just did a meme over the weekend, I'm dropping the compulsively obsessive (or obsessively compulsive) ball here. If anyone would like to pick up this thread and outline their quirks for any and all to read, by all means, go ahead and do so.

-T$

5 comments:

joe*to*hell said...

that my be one of your best drawings.

thonnibg said...

Hey thanks,Trevor!
love your quirks:)

Muzbot said...

Love the image.
I have a tendency to eat meals from a take away container standing at my kitchen counter.

Big Daddy said...

You must hate reading my posts [re: grammatical errors].

Ha ha.

They're usually intentional....unless I am posting not fully awake.

Or drunk.

Jessica said...

I love Eats, Shoots and Leaves!!

I have to leave my cards at home when book buying. However, that doesn't help me with at Amazon. Joining Goodreads hasn't helped any, either.