Wednesday, March 19, 2008

You So Plamic (Or, Heard on the Streets)

There is a public high school next door to my apartment building. During the week, I try to avoid being outside from three to four in the afternoon, since the street gets overrun with kids.

I had to stop and think for a minute as I typed the word "kids". It's been a long, long time since I was in high school, but these "kids" all seem like they're in their late 20s. Seriously, all the guys have way more facial hair than is necessary for adolescence.

Of course, maybe I'm just bitter since my own puberty didn't wrap up until I turned 30.

Yesterday, I happened to be walking down my street just as school let out and I got to overhear this little snippet of conversation:

GIRL 1: Yo, she's like such a bitch an' shit.

GIRL 2: For real.

GIRL 1: Yo, you ever see that movie Mean Girls?

GIRL 2: Uh-huh.

GIRL 1: She's like one of them bitches. What they call them?

GIRL 2: Plamics* or some shit.

GIRL 1: Yeah...that what she is. Totally plamical.

*I believe she meant Plastics. Don't get me wrong though - I'm not hating on the misuse - I live for this shit.

6 comments:

thonnibg said...

A quite funny dialogue!
Plamics-plastics...doesn`t matter for the girls:)

TWISI said...

kick it bitches.

joe*to*hell said...

perhaps she loved seminal 80s band wendy o'williams and the plamatics?

Big Daddy said...

I think I just finished puberty this year myself [32].

Pattya said...

gril you so masculint!

jason said...

"plamical."

I like it. I think I might just use it.