Monday, April 21, 2008

Twink Twank Twunk (Or, Mammaries)

As I mentioned earlier, my friend Lucas was in town most of last week. Lucas and I have been friends for over a decade. Like most of my friends, he loves to make fun of me for various reasons.

For example, he told me last Wednesday: "You know Trevor Marie, you wouldn't be much without that giant chest of yours."

Ah...old friends.

Anyway, last summer, I went to Tulum with Lucas and another friend Jeremy. Once upon a time, the three of us were partners in crime. I brought along a picture of the three of us that was taken on my birthday in 1999 (when I was a wee 28).

As I've also mentioned here, I didn't wrap up puberty until I was 30. Seriously - there is a clean break in what I look like pre- and post-30.

In other words, I am unrecognizable in photos of me that were taken prior to turning 30.

So, on day one of our trip, I pulled out the 1999 photograph to show Lucas and Jeremy. There the three of us were, all late-20s smiles with Lucas and Jeremy looking exactly the same as they do now and with me...looking like a fetus.

Jeremy said, "Shit...we were all so young."

Lucas, ever the blushing rose, said, "Oh...look...here's the version of Trevor we signed up for..."

With an eyeroll in my bearded direction, he finished:

"...and look at the Trevor we're stuck with now."

5 comments:

kookyknut said...

Don't you just hate the shit your friends can get away with saying?

You just have to remember that it's longhand for "I love you" :)

Shirley Heezgay! said...

it's true.

i didn't know i was going to 'love' so many people! it's so much fun.

x

Darth Gateau said...

you can't write that stuff without providing us with some kind of evidence!
Throw the pics on so we can decide for ourselves. 'Post puberty' is always a personal preference however...

Amy said...

I have high school homecoming dance pics...how much is it worth to you to keep those secret?? hmmmmm? :)

joe said...

Photos. We want photos.