Tuesday, May 20, 2008

There You Go, Way Too Fast (Or, Crash)

I've been meme-less for a while, and here comes one from Joe to Hell that I can't pass up.

It's all about the bookage:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Locate the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences on your blog and in so doing...
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged me.

"As Vaughan arrived, striding on his long, uneven legs from the car-park, everyone looked round, watching this black-jacketed figure advance towards the motorcycle. I myself half expected him to mount the machine and drive it down the rails at us. The scars on his mouth and forehead caught the air like sabre wounds. He hesitated, watching the technicians lift the plastic motorcyclist - 'Elvis' - on to his machine, and then strode on towards us."

The four sentences are from one of my favorite books - J.G. Ballard's Crash. Quite possibly one of the hottest books ever written...it was done a mild disservice by David Cronenberg's film from 1996...but don't let that scare you away. It's one hell of a novel.

And, so, in keeping with #5 above - as tagged by Joe - here are five tagees:

Kusala ::: Kookyknut ::: Muzbot ::: How Great Is Cake? ::: Bonjour, Pee Wee

4 comments:

joe said...

Thanks (I think) for the tag. And, nice reference to The Primitives.

Big Daddy said...

Done!

Greg said...

Interesting...I just bought a copy of Crash a few weeks ago. I need to move it up on my "To Be Read" list.

brony said...

If you are looking forward to buy a hot sexy bikini online, then http://www.verysexybikini.com is the ultimate destination for you. Enter the bikini world at the website and select your bikini from a whole range of bikinis available here, starting from Barely String Bikini, Crystal Bikinis to sexy Micro Bikinis and Plus Size Bikinis.