Thursday, May 15, 2008

Titty Titty Gang Bang (Or, Word)


I'm a sucker for words.

As I've noted here many times, I make them up when I feel the need (see also: hussbucket)...and one of my favorite pastimes is to take an existing word and make an incorrect noun or verb out of it...like:

Luxuritate (slightly bastardized from luxuriate - the extra "t" gives it oomph).

As in...

"This faux fur throw is so soft, I want to take off my clothes and luxuritate on it."

Or...

"Your tits look so nice in that top, I feel like luxuritating all over your body."

To fan the flames of my word-love, I have a daily email subscription to Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day.

Today's word had me beside myself...it sounds like something I would have made up...and...lo and behold...it's a real word:

Titivate

Now, I'm not exactly jazzed at its meaning ("to make or become smart or spruce"), but I love it nonetheless. In my future uses of titivate, I think it will be more along the lines of:

"Her breasts are so fake, I'm surprised she doesn't titivate off the ground."

"Dolly Parton got a standing titivation."

"My chest is droopy. Time to get to the gym and titivate."

"My assistant Darcelle is a lazy bitch today. I need to give her some titivation."

So, go on with your badselves and titivate your shirts off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if that hick beyonce can have BOOTYLICIOUS added to the dictionary, i dont see why LUXURITATE cant be.

Big Daddy said...

'Come to our salon for luxuritative titivation!'

[Titivation came up as a correct spelling...ha.]

kookyknut said...

I like making up words as well as you've probably seen on my blog. Adding extra letters can be fun too. One of my favourites is excitenate

I'm soooo excitenated about this weekend.

joe said...

I think you might enjoy this recent headline from the BBC:
Great tits cope well with warming

Actually, type "great tits" into a Google news search and you'll be rewarded with all kinds of fun.