Friday, August 08, 2008

888 (or Eight Ate Eight)

Nothing like me saying "I'm done with posting" to snap me back into...uh...posting.

Anyway, I felt the need to gush about the wonder of today's date - 8.08.08.

I was a handwriting freak when I was a child and the number 8 was my favorite to draw/write/doodle/all that. It can be perfectly symmetrical written as two circles...or lopsided and loopy when drawn with a cross-over line...or fat and nasty...or slim and elegant.

So...here's to the sexiness and versatility of 8 - on the one day it can work in triplicate.

There's also that lame-as-fuck kids joke about "Eight Ate Eight", but I can't remember it for the life of me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really pretty.

Big Daddy said...

Are you talking about:

'Why is 6 afraid of 7?'

'Because 7 8 [ate] 9'.

?

jason said...

I'm with anonymous,
beautiful.

notorious said...

"I'll be right back."