Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mary, Mary (Or, Know Your Demo)

Over the course of the last few months, my street has been plastered with posters like the one above. I was enchanted by the handwritten type and looming neon portrait...before I read what the posters actually said.

The above sample talks about "the devil [making] bats of 2 million people, children every year in America."

Huh?

There have been more than ten different versions of these - I happened to pull this one down and take it home with me this week...I'm kind of dying to see the loon that does these and posts them. Given the demographics of my neighborhood and its proximity to a large concentration of art galleries...I keep thinking (er...hoping) it's a joke.

2 comments:

Greg said...

We never see anything interesting like that in Southern California. It's mostly the same old graffiti on walls and overpasses.

noTORious said...

i have photos of these from Chicago where i first saw them last year...I was impressed that i saw them here, too.