Wednesday, March 31, 2010

File Under: Timely (Or, It's a Good Time in 1998)

So, in a revelation as timely and staggering as an earthquake: Ricky Martin came out of the closet. I would be happy for him and his surely upcoming appearances on Ellen, Glee, Modern Family, Project Runway, Chelsea Lately, The View, and The Real Housewives of Puerto Rico, but I feel there's a greatest hits collection of his that's being released soon that I am now compelled to buy.

Goddammit.

Anyway, if I had a time machine and could travel back to 1998, my 27-year-old self would be beside himself - in his leather pants and blonde highlights - at this news. Yes, I was once a twink...a twink who spent too much time guzzling chocolate martinis, shopping at Diesel, and getting chased around Boston by a lot of Latino men. Some of them might have been Ricky at 2 A.M....but needlesstosay, none of them were at 8 A.M. the next morning.

Oh, Vuelve...